Embroidery Designs are from Sewing Room Blocks
6 Ceramic tiles from hardware store. I used kitchen counter tiles. $0.12/tile.
Recommended 5” squares beginning. Will be cut down later.
Mod Podge and foam paint brush
1. Embroider 4×4 designs on 5” square in usual manner. Recommended a low density design, such as colorwork or single color design. Take off as much stabilizer as possible.
2. Paint Mod Podge on tile liberally yet keep even across tile across to edges.
3. Place embroidered square on tile and press from the middle out with fingers. Pushing out any bubbles that may occur. Allow to dry several hours.
4. Once completely dried, carefully cut the edges off squares as close to tile as possible. DON’T USE GOOD SCISSORS. Scissors may clip edge of tile.
5. Apply second coat Mod Podge liberally and evenly across tile making sure to bring it down slightly over the edges. Allow to dry completely over several hours. Repeat if necessary.
6. After completely dry lay on protected surface in a well ventilated area, spray with polyurethane to seal tiles.
7. Allow to dry
8. Add felt bumpers to bottom corners of tiles and coasters are finished!