Fun Bugs Book
10- 9 inch by 9 inch squares of plain colored fabric (we used pre quilted cotton in
an ivory color.
12 – 7 inch by 7 inch squares of cotton design fabric ( we used a cute bug print).
2- Shower Curtain rings that snap together.
Tear away stabilizer
1. Stitch out your Fun Bug designs on your plain colored squares of fabric with
tear away stabilizer.
2. Tear away excess tear away stabilizer and trim your Fun Bug squares down to
7 inches by 7 inches.
3. Now lay down one of your Fun bug designs, face up and then lay face down
on top of it one of your cotton design fabric squares. Next run a straight stitch
around the top, right side and bottom side of your square. Then take the time to
run a zig zag stitch around these three sides as well. This will put a nice finish
edge on the fabric and help keep it from fraying when washed. Repeat with the
remaining Fun Bug squares. Lastly take your two left over fabric print squares
and do the same with them. One on top and one on bottom. These will be your
4. Now turn your squares right side out. Take an unsharpened pencil and push
your corners so they are more square, then press your squares.
5. Next take your pages and press the open edges in 1/4 inch and then run a
straight stitch up the edge to close the pages up.
6. Now take your pages and on the side where you are going to attach the
Curtain Rings mark a spot 1 1/4 inch from the bottom and 1 1/4 inch from the top.
Set your machine for a 3/4 inch button hole and run your 2 button holes on each
page. Then take your seam ripper and split the fabric in the button hole and
attach your pages to the curtain ring
Wrap it up and surprise a little one with their very own Fun Bug’s Book.